Search Capital Region Fishing

Monday, February 22, 2010

This blog is now the official blog of Capital Region Fishing

Fishing information specific to my location has been very difficult to find, so I am dedicating this blog to fishing the Capital Region.  Future posts will discuss fishing locations, techniques and equipment; customizing tackle, lures and baits;  fishing tips and pictures specific to fishing the Capital Region, Albany, NY.  There will also be a list of useful links.  Posts will be open to comments.  This blog will be linked to its counterpart, a group on Facebook, which is also open for comments.


My goal is to provide and gain information on fishing the Capital Region.  I have fished since I was a young boy and enjoy fishing immensely.  Like many fishermen, my fishing time is limited, so I try to make the most of it and that is one of the reasons I started Capital Region Fish.


I look forward to adding more articles to this blog and reading your comments. I have a lot of ideas and topics to write about, so check back often.

2 comments:

  1. Chris Albee here...I fish in the Normanskill as well. I have good luck with the green Mepps thunder bug spinner. The Watervilet Reservior has some really good fishing too. I talked with an En Con officer that told me no boats allowed but I see people use car topers. This is at your own risk though. It can be hard to cast from shore but I have caught a lot nice largemouth and some pike. White spinner bait with willow leaf blades, cricket popper cose to shore, and my old standby silver and black floating rapala. I catch and release always so they are there waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few seasons ago, I fished the Watervilet Reservoir too. The fishing is good there and from the banks I had decent luck. The sad thing is the Guilderland police chase people away from there because of a problem with the kids partying there. There is a parking lot that was marked fishing access, but was blocked off with a huge dirt pile. It has been a while since I've been over there and maybe things have changed. It is about a five min. walk from here I live.

    ReplyDelete